Visit Albuquerque Integrative Medicine for a Medical Cannabis Evaluation
If you suffer from one of the following conditions, you may be eligible to participate in the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hospice Care
- Intractable Nausea/Vomiting
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Severe Anorexia/Cachexia
- Spinal Cord Damage with Intractable Spasticity
- Hepatitis C Infection Currently Receiving Antiviral Treatment
- Inflammatory Autoimmune-mediated Arthritis
- Painful Peripheral Neuropathy
- Severe Chronic Pain
- Post-traumatic Stress Syndrome
Suffering from one of these conditions is the first step in your medical cannabis evaluation. If you have one of these conditions, please contact Albuquerque Integrative Medicine at 505-570-5447 to schedule an appointment.
Medical Records and Forms
Before arriving at your appointment, please obtain any medical records relating to your condition. Dr. Rosenberg will need these in order to give you a medical cannabis evaluation. Please also fill out the patient history forms as completely as possible, as well as the patient agreement. You can also fill out the application forms for the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program. If you have any questions about these forms, we will be happy to assist you.
At your appointment, Dr. Rosenberg will perform a physical examination, review your medical history (including previous and current treatments for your qualifying condition), and talk with you about the effectiveness and side effects of those treatments.
Certification and Additional Requirements
Dr. Rosenberg can serve as your medical provider in order to certify your application to the program. For certain conditions, you will face additional requirements:
- Chronic pain requires a primary physician AND a specialist—Dr. Rosenberg can serve as either in such cases, but you will need an additional physician’s approval.
- PTSD requires a diagnosis from a psychiatrist
- Glaucoma requires a diagnosis from an ophthalmologist
- Inflammatory Autoimmune Mediated Arthritis requires diagnosis AND certification from a physician who is board-certified in rheumatology
If you meet the conditions of the program, you will leave your appointment with your certification form signed by Dr. Rosenberg and ready for submission to the state.
If you have any questions about the process of undergoing a medical cannabis evaluation, please do not hesitate to contact our offices at 505-570-5447. We are always happy to answer any and all of your questions.